Friday, August 28, 2009

Life Jacket.

I, without a doubt, am having the best time of my life. I do not know that I can pin point the cause exactly. I think it is a culmination of so many different things.

Since my return to Columbus, I have rekindled one of the best friendships I have ever had and without a doubt, I will ever have in my life. She is the kind of person that makes you feel at home wherever you are. She is comforting, wise and caring. She has a wonderful heart and despite everything she has been through she maintains her sense of self and nurturing nature. I look at her and think, "If I can be half as wonderful as she is, I would be perfectly happy." That is how dear she is to me. Needless to say, she is an incredible woman and I am thrilled she is back in my life.

In the past two months I have met and spent time with the most wonderful guy, ever. [Yeah, he's that great.] He is uber intelligent, hilarious, caring, a gentleman, passionate about life, he can sing his heart out, he loves my friends [and they love him] and we have very similar life goals. We are different enough that it keeps things interesting but I feel like we want the same things out of life. I simply cannot get enough of him. It is an amazing feeling knowing I have found someone that makes me feel so free. I have waited a long time for someone like him. I am so thankful he has entered my life.

I am positively happy right now. And I have been for months. I cannot wait to regain my independence in this world but I don't feel as though I have ever stopped living.

No comments: