Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Officer Down.

Thursday night, we lost a hero in blue. Detective Phillips was murdered during an undercover operation.

Friday morning, I turned on the news and the first bit I heard was the death of Detective Phillips. His name was not released just that he was a Virginia Beach detective and was conducting an undercover drug operation.

Bobby texted me with his name and a few details.

Today, Bobby texted me photos of the funeral today via a live internet feed. They broke my heart.

After arriving home I turned on the news and Detective Phillips' funeral was being covered. His family, fellow officers and officers from other jurisdictions were all in attendence and the tears were freely flowing; not only from those there but from me, sitting on the couch, wishing I was attending.

Pray for Detective Phillips' family. Virginia Beach, Virginia and the United States has lost a brother in blue.

You can read more information at: http://www.odmp.org/officer/19503-detective-michael-smith-phillips

Detective Phillips may you rest in peace.

No comments: